Tuesday 4 August 2009

Last Day of July

Sorry I’ve not posted this for last Friday but I haven’t had much time. With the opportunity to trade this afternoon (Tuesday) I opted to go for that and then found that today’s racing is all to cock, giving me time to write this.

I had hoped to leave July with a bang but instead left it with a loss. I made the mistake of leaving a couple of poor trades in too long as it went against me both times (15:40 Bangor). Here is the annoying thing, I recovered the race from a net -£3.34 to a net -£1.73 on the race. If I could only capture that later trading first, hell, my confidence would be so much higher!

Again, the following races after the loss I performed much better than before the loss and it seems I need some “impetus” for profit making, or at least to trade more effectively. Sometimes I really don’t know.

So for the last day of July I posted a loss of £0.77, safe in the knowledge that the big loss of the day could have been lower, or even in profit, with a little more discipline.

I’ve had a quick look at my July performance and will post in the next few days. Initially it looks ok but not really as good as I had thought, or hoped. Anyway, no more drivel for now.

Cheers


2 comments:

  1. If you are trading better later (nearer the off)... then you could maybe try starting all your trades later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anon

    Doh!, I should have thought of that. I will analyse my entry point times over June & July and see what the effect is on my profitability.

    Thanks

    Andy

    ReplyDelete