Wednesday 5 August 2009

Quick Wednesday Update

Just a short post as I’m trying to leave myself enough time to finish my July summary and a comment on my last post has given me something else to think about.

I traded one race yesterday but thought the race had been cancelled so I didn’t check my Betfair account. I was pleased to see today that I was mistaken and my massive £0.07 profit from the race was there today.

I’ve included yesterdays race in today’s P&L, it gives me a much better profit total (4.5 x in fact). Today was ok except I left my trade in the 15:10 Pontefract in too long again, as it went against me.

The only other notable race for me was the 16:30 Brighton and because of my cautious style I exited, and deep down new it, far too early.

The trend of the selection I was trading was up, up, up! As the odds came down, very slowly, I placed a lay entry at 5.1, the lowest the odds achieved before it went in play. I traded out at 5.4 after the market hesitated at 5.4 – 5.6 and after I traded out the odds didn’t stop until 6.6, b****y marvellous! Not to worry that race profit of 20p turned the day into profit.

So I managed a 2p profit on the day, 9p with the race yesterday that I thought had been cancelled.

I don’t usually trade at odds over 6.0, though I will be doing so soon, but as there were a couple of races with the favourite higher than 6.0 I decided to trade the place market in the 16:00 Brighton. A reasonable success but I suspect that I would need to watch the markets longer to see how they react. I guess it was just beginners luck.

Catch you all soon.

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment