Friday 1 May 2009

Up ‘n Down

I didn’t get a chance to trade yesterday so I was really looking forward to today, knowing I should have plenty of time to give it a real go.

It turned out to be quite disappointing with a very mixed day today. I started off quite well but couldn’t get it quite right after the initial impetus and really tailed off after that.

In particular the 15:40 Southwell just didn’t work for me at all. Every trade I placed almost immediately went in the opposite direction and my usual tact is to close the trade and reverse my position. Virtually every time I did this the odds went back the other way. I guess had I started trading 15 seconds earlier it could have been totally different :-).

So today ended at a loss, albeit a small loss of £3.24 so we’ll move on and see what tomorrow brings.

Cheers


2 comments:

  1. Closing and reversing, closing and reversing. No matter what you do, the trend goes the opposite to whatever you place, and it sometimes feels that someone way up high is having a laugh!. They aren't mate, it's just an occupational hazzard, and I expect almost all traders have some of these races.

    I remember one piece of advice that I was given, and that is, if the market will not settle, or if it is bouncing all over the place - do not trade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ostlertrading

    Thanks for the comment, it's a long learning curve.

    I've taken a quick look at you blog and added it to my list. I will keep an eye on how you are doing.

    You mention a couple of things, discipline and emotion, they still both get me from time to time and I'll write this for the umpteenth time...

    Conquer both and you'll be well on your way to making profits.

    So why do they still get me now and then, I know what they can do to your profits.

    Ha!, such is life.

    Good Luck

    Andy

    ReplyDelete