Thursday 25 June 2009

Know What You’re Doing!

I had a bit of a mare today in my final race and wiped out both today and yesterdays profit.

I’d dropped a tick on my first trade and elected to switch the auto offset on to recover this within the next couple of trades. Except I forgot when I started trading again.

Having been used to trading manually, both entry and exit positions, here I am placing my exits manually and then having the offset click in placing the reverse. I got a little confused for a few seconds before I realised what I’d been doing, cancelled all open positions and found myself nearly £4 down somehow.

The best I could do with the time left was to trade back to a £3.26 loss which meant that the earlier, laborious, good run had come to an end and put me back to the beginning of yesterday, closing at a £1.70 loss for the day.

I’m not cut up about it, I know that a lapse in concentration and focus probably aided this mistake. Better to make these errors with the small stakes I use and learn from them now in readiness for the bigger stakes to come.

I’ve got a day off tomorrow, but so has Mrs TG so I’m not sure about trading for the next few days. If I don’t catch you before, have a good weekend.

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment