Wednesday 17 June 2009

A Pivotal Day?

I lost count of the times I waited, and waited, and waited, to place my entry point, only to place and have the odds shoot against me as someone scooped up 3-6 ticks worth of orders. It seemed at one point that someone was sat behind me waiting for me to place my orders!

I’ve read that many people are finding it tough trading the weeks of big meetings, well, me too! I had a bit of a go yesterday but gave up after a short while, no losses, an 8p profit if I remember right. I just found the markets difficult to read and difficult to get matched outside the money.

Today started off exactly the same but I thought I’d persevere, after all I’d like to make a profit at this one day. I didn’t think it was going particularly well, quite poorly in fact, but at the end of the afternoon I found I’d only lost £0.25 and suffered less losing races than I thought.


At one point, after my third to last race, I was quite down, mentally not financially (at the time) because I’d struggled to just scratch the trade, due to the “money scoopers”, which at one point was £0.57 in profit.

I traded the second to last ok, but without any real conviction, still I managed a profit.

This was a tough mindset to take to what was my last race. However, whilst I was observing the markets my mind said to me “go for it, if it goes against you, don’t worry, just get out and try again”. It’s a very odd thought for me.

So I set about trading my last race and this is how it went…

1) Lay Astrodiva @ 2.94, backed @ 2.86 and redded out for -£0.28

2) Lay Astrodiva @ 2.72, backed @ 2.66 and redded out for -£0.23

So -£0.51 after 2 trades

3) Lay Whispering Gallery @ 2.16, backed at 2.18 and greened for £0.09

4) Lay Whispering Gallery @ 2.12, backed at 2.14 and greened for £0.09

So now still -£0.33 after 4 trades.

As I was watching the Astrodiva ladder something in my mind said “it’s gonna go” so my final trade…

5) Lay Astrodiva @ 2.68, backed @ 2.80 and greened for £0.46

To say I was chuffed would be an understatement and this race went a long way to changing my mental attitude, both for the afternoon and, I hope, for the future, we’ll just have to see!

I hope this drivel hasn't bored you.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment