Tuesday 21 July 2009

A Few Thoughts

I am currently trying to improve my return on investment (ROI) as I seem to be able to sustain a return of about 0.25% – 0.30% without a great deal of effort.

Now I know this gives me a small profit using my current stake level but I figured that if I can improve my ROI I would feel more confident about increasing my stake level.

June turned out to be a turning point for me, with my trading mentality becoming far more normal than my gambling mentality. In July this has continued and, although it has slowed down somewhat, it looks like July will be another steady month, time will tell!

Today I didn’t get very far, granted I’ve made another profit but at this rate It’ll be the year 3000 before I can retire! I think I prefer trading at the latter part of the week as the race starts are closer together. I don’t seem to be able to put any rhythm into my trading when the races are 15 minutes apart, there is too much time between races for my liking and I can let my mind wander too much.

Anyway, turned in another tiny profit of £0.32 on a back traded £74, well at least the ROI was better at 0.43%

I gave up after the 16:00, other things to do I told myself! Just as well as Mrs TG came home early from work just as I was doing the dishes. It’s not what you do, it’s what you are perceived to do, works wonders!

Anyway I hope to be back tomorrow.

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andy,

    Not making a loss is the first step to making good profits, so how much you win is irrelivent at this stage as long as you don't lose.

    Once you can consistently not make losses each day then up your stakes to whatever you are comfortable with, then you will get a better profit.

    fwiw I traded £3373.04 today (mostly £50 stakes over 10 races) for a profit of £21.08

    That's 0.62% ROI and so not too different to yours.

    ReplyDelete