Tuesday 7 April 2009

A Good Recovery

Just for a moment I’ll recap on my "Lucky Error" post as Dave from Bet Angel has come back to me regarding the issue with the following advice…

Andy

Don’t use the save bets option, it can throw up these spurious bets and cause chaos. There is a problem with how Betfair handle these bets and also how the data is cached.

I advise you to connect using mode 9 or 13 and simply use “Keep All” to resubmit any un-matched bets. You can hit keep all as soon as you submit your trades, if they’re matched then they go anyway and if they are un-matched they are kept and immediately entered after the off.

Regards,

Dave


I have to thank Dave for his prompt, informative and helpful manner with this query, it has been second to none.

So, on to today. I committed one of the big sins, I starting off feeling confident which is unusual for me and lost on the first race. I then screwed up on the second race and neglected to “green up”, or rather “red up” and lost £3.01. Had I equalised then it would have cost me £0.94 so £2.07 wasted there.

So at £3.69 down after 2 races I applied a little more concentration and managed to recover just over £5 in the next 5 races, catching a neat swing in the 16:30 Fontwell. Overall I’m not impressed with my start but the manner of recovery was very pleasing and resulted in another small gain of £1.68 for the day.

I’m hoping that I have things under control with my new job so I should be able to trade a bit more frequently now although I may not be able to start until mid afternoon, I’ll just see how it goes.

Cheers


3 comments:

  1. Hi Andy.
    Do you still use 10% of your bank per trade and it that the generally accepted staking level?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see it's going well for you, Andy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anon

    In general I am still using 10% of my trading bank unless I am testing a strategy in which case I will lower the stakes. My logic is that I am able to place 2 lay entry points and the corresponding back exit points, all without matching, at my maximum liability. I don’t currently trade at greater than odds of 5.

    I’m not sure what the normal level is, I believe most traders use a higher % of their bank, in some cases 100%, but I tend to err on the side of caution.

    ==================================

    Hi Scalper

    Thanks, though with the small amounts it does seem a long time coming. Still, I believe I can get there.

    ==================================

    Cheers

    Andy

    ReplyDelete