Friday 24 April 2009

Mucked Up Big Style

I wanted to use a stronger word in the title but my own standards would not let me. I deserve (and expect) a mucking good kicking from you guys after today’s total lapse of discipline. I am embarrassed, sore, deflated and many other stronger words that I can’t put to print.

So after 7 weeks of NOT taking a trade in play, why oh why did I do it today? What changed my mental attitude to this, probably one of my last, and most fatal, disciplines? Why, when I’ve preached this for so long now, didn’t I practice it? Was it over confidence? I don’t think so, I don’t usually start off that confident.

Well, whatever it actually was, here’s the mucking damage…

I suppose one good thing has come from it, I have a sneaking suspicion that I will NEVER take a trade in play again.

So today’s P&L looks a bit sick, but some good trading and tight disciplines pulled about £20 back to leave today’s P&L at a £67.14 loss. On an interesting note I got 43 Betfair points for the loss, none of the other races gave me more than 2!

I may be back tomorrow, I’m not sure what Mrs TG has lined up, but I should be able to get a little trading in at least.

Cheers (and go easy on me).


5 comments:

  1. hello Gary
    unlucky about the loss been guilty of doing it myself in the past.however you should try and take the negative and make it a positive.you made 1 bad decision and have paid for it but after the loss you've managed to get back some of the loss and you didnt lose a single race after which is pretty impressive. good luck and keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I done it last week and it cost me £50, the most annoying thing was that I could have got out for a loss of £6 or so in running yet just sat there watching the situation get worse, like you I won't be doing it again in a hurry.

    Fair play for trading the rest of the day because after a poor start I would have packed up until tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly you picked a 5 furlong race for your aberration. Down side - money gone in a flash, Upside - not too long with your stomach churning while you wait to find out your fate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! Well I feel your pain brother, just have a look at my last two blogposts..

    Learn the lesson, lick your wounds and get back in the saddle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anon

    Thanks, and I’m Andy by the way, but don’t worry.

    ==================================

    Hi Scalper

    I think, in the past I may well have jacked it in for the afternoon. I realise that each race is an individual event and no 2 will be the same so plug on I do now. This time it worked out ok.

    ==================================

    Hi Rob

    It’s a bit embarrassing but I didn’t notice it was 5f until I looked at the P&L afterwards. I may have played it differently if I’d noticed, but who knows?

    ==================================

    Hi PWHIC

    Learnt, Licked & Re-Saddled!

    ==================================

    Thanks for all your comments and encouragement.

    Have a good weekend.

    Cheers

    Andy

    ReplyDelete