Tuesday 28 April 2009

Late Start - Early Finish

I didn’t get a great deal of time to do any trading today and just managed to catch a few races over 30 minutes or so. I didn’t get home from work particularly early this morning and it was one of those days where the door to door salesman seemed to be targeting me personally, every time I dropped off to sleep.

Anyway I woke up about 15:15 and settled down to trade for the rest of the afternoon and got a phone call at 16:05 which lasted for around 90 minutes, so I decided to give up for the day.

So today I managed a small profit of £3.49 for about 30 minutes trading which is ok I suppose. 3 – 4 weeks ago I would have been happy to return that level of profit for an afternoons trading.

I just have to mention that I was playing Texas Hold ‘Em with a few friends on Sunday, only for pennies though. The very first hand I got dealt 2 Aces and the flop was an Ace and 2 Kings. There were 5 of us playing, each with reasonable hands and everyone was “all in” on the river. Needless to say I won and the game ended rather abruptly. As we really only play for social (and a beer) reasons I gave everyone back their “pots” and we played again.

I just wish I could have some luck like that whilst trading :-)

Anyway, back tomorrow.

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment