Friday 17 April 2009

It’s About Time

That I had a good day, you know the kind of day that you really do feel bloody good about.

Everything I did today worked out ok with the exception of the 14:50 Ayr. With only three runners with odds in the range 3.0 – 4.1 initially, I wasn’t sure on the best way to trade so I just threw a few in to see what happened. It didn’t happen for me but only a minor loss.

Normally I have the reverse “Midas” touch, everything I touch turns to c**p but today someone was watching over me, probably my bank manager :-)

Although not my best daily P&L, I almost certainly had my best trading day yet, no luck involved, good or bad, just plain steady trading. The only disappointing thing about the afternoon was I had to cut it short due to a couple of phone calls, who knows what I may have achieved. All the same a net profit of £22.36 was an incredibly satisfying result.

I’d like to think I’d turned a corner in my trading but that would be a little premature. There is still a long way to go and, today anyway, confidence is high. It is for this reason a probably won’t trade again before Monday, possibly even Tuesday next week and I will end a very topsy turvy week with a profit of £1.69.

Oh, and by the way, I didn’t even switch on RUK so I can’t tell you what the delay was like today but Betfairs own streamed offering was only 10-14 seconds behind, on the times I noticed it.

Have an excellent weekend y’all

Cheers


6 comments:

  1. Hi Andy,

    That's it nice and steady, well done today,

    All the best,

    Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello... I´m very happy with your result today. I hope you continue like this. I think we have to take condifend.
    I didnt give up yet in the race horse because you, BELIEVE. YOU never give up and i aprecciate your form you play.
    I hope one day came back to the trading horse, but now i´m only watching the blogs and see the odds.
    sorry my english.
    All the best
    Tiagus

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Andy
    well done like i said yesterday looks like your making progress...alot more than im making.but watching you sucseed is encouraging me now to keep having a go.looks like you might have found a style that works for you.keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all

    A satisfying day and not spoiled by me trying to replicate it today.

    Good luck with your trading this weekend.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. At last, finally bigger numbers!
    Best of luck and keep confident!

    Antonio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Antonio

    I am the owner of a big smile atm.

    Cheers

    Andy

    ReplyDelete