Wednesday 15 April 2009

What Benefit is RUK?

Although I had a very late start and didn’t get to the PC until about 16:00 I spent a bit of time with RUK on the screen. I have to question the worth, though I’m guessing everyone is in the same boat, of seeing the pictures some 40 seconds later than the actual race.

I saw the first race I looked at go in-play and was expecting the race to start with the pictures some 10 – 20 seconds later. 42 seconds later the runners were off and this wasn’t abnormal. I only monitored a few races, maybe 5 or 6 but the quickest after Bet Angel showed suspended was a mighty 39 seconds.

I’ll reserve judgement for a day or two but I am wondering whether there is any value in having RUK. I would have expected 10 – 15 seconds but not more than triple these times, maybe my expectation was too high, I don’t know.

I said I’ll take a screenshot of my single monitor I use when trading and you’ll see it is quite obvious that I need at least another or a bigger screen. If you want a laugh then have a look at the pic below.

Today I only managed a couple of races. It was a bit frustrating because a planned finish at work for 09:00 turned into another midday finish and another 12 hour shift. As I like to complete the 4 S’s before I trade I overslept and didn’t wake until 15:45.

Anyway, I’m babbling on a bit there, I managed a couple of races at the end of the afternoon card and turned in a profit of £1.40 with a 2 different strategies.

We should have a full staff complement tonight so I’m hoping that I can get away on time and get my 4 S’s in good time to trade the whole afternoon tomorrow.

Cheers

2 comments:

  1. You need the TV pictures not the interenet streaming. Sign up for it on Sky. The delay is so long that you will not benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anon

    Thanks for that, I'm gonna look at it.

    Cheers

    Andy

    ReplyDelete