Wednesday 4 March 2009

A Bit of a Disaster!

Here are the steps I take when I’m finished trading a particular race. With 1 minute to go I check where I am with the “green up” situation on the Bet Angel one-click screen, flit back to the ladder interface and see if there is likely to be any further opportunities and with 30 seconds to go I go back to the one-click screen and green or red up. I then Ctrl-Shift-N to the next race.

I did this (or rather thought I did) after I’d finished trading the 16:30 Fontwell and started trading the 16:40 Lingfield. On this race I refreshed my Betfair balance, following a successful trade, to find it not reading correctly, about £100 down. I went back to the 16:30 and found I hadn’t equalised (it was for a loss of about £2.50 I think). Staring me in the face was an in-play red up figure of £22.91, funny how you remember that type of thing, so I quickly equalised the loss and managed to match for a loss of £19.83 all round.

I should have quit for the day then as I think I became a bit reckless in my trades in an attempt to recover some of the damage. I suffered 4 consecutive losses which destroyed what had started off very promising, resulting in a net loss of £23.33 for the day.


It is going to be a long learning process and this is just the beginning so I’m not too disheartened by today’s result. I am, though, disappointed in myself for both the original mistake and the subsequent poor trades and guess I haven’t overcome the necessity to move on from a bad result as yet.

Here’s to tomorrow.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment