Tuesday 3 March 2009

A Change of Strategy

I didn’t know whether it would be a good idea or not but I changed my trading strategy today and tested it with smaller stakes, just straight £25 backs and lays.

You may ask why I changed and it is mainly because I feel my trading has been restricted somewhat by my reliance on “automation”. I use the ladder interface in Bet Angel Pro, generally with a 10 tick offset, with greening, 10 seconds fill or kill, stop loss at 5 ticks, placing at 5 ticks and trailing stop activated.

I have found that 99% of the time I close profitable trades at +1 to +3 ticks, with say a maximum of +5, but because of the stop loss I just let it run if it goes against me. I felt that I needed to think more about what was happening, rather than just let it happen.

So today I traded without any of these aids, still on the ladder interface, and I had to pay far more attention to what was actually going on. I think it has been extremely beneficial to me and, although I have probably been more cautious than normal (you know me!) it has produced, well what I call, a reasonable days profit of £3.78.

Although I had only 3 losing trades overall, I experienced no losses in any race but then I haven’t broken any records either. It seemed to go ok to start with but there were times when I did nothing and I notice on the above screenshot that there was a whole hour where I didn’t place any trades. I just couldn’t find the right opportunity, or maybe my confidence wasn’t high enough, possibly a combination of both.

Here I go rambling on again, I’ll have to keep these posts shorter. If, like me, you read a few blogs it’s nearly a full time job keeping up with them.

Cheers



1 comment: