Friday 13 March 2009

Gold Cup Day

No trading yesterday as I’m still very busy with some other issues but I thought I would have a chance for a short while this afternoon.

As it happened I was only able to trade the one race, the 14:20 Fakenham, which I managed a small net profit of £0.63.

In between telephone call times I actually managed to sit down and watch the Gold Cup itself, on Channel 4. I have to say that although I have not really watched a horse race for about 15 years I found it quite exciting. I expect that is to do with the hype over the Kauto Star / Denman rivalry and, despite the distance between the two at the end, both horses seem to run a good race but Kauto Star seemed to perform at a higher level than Denman this year.

Another thing I didn’t realise was the steepness of the rise near the end, I’ve heard talk of it before but seeing it on TV I’m surprised they didn’t take any Sherpa’s with them :-)

I’m hoping to get some trading in tomorrow but I’m not really sure. I still have some things to sort out and this may take up too much time. Anyway I’m off to Peter Webb’s seminar on Monday so you may not hear from me for a few days. Good luck with whatever you are doing.

Cheers

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andy,

    I don't have much interest in horse racing, but, like you I found the Gold Cup exciting too. Mind you, I'm a glutton for anything that has pomp and hype, which I probably why I like F1 so much:)

    Good luck on the course. I hope it meets your expectations.

    SteveJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi andy hope all is well, can you let us know how the course went and of what benefit it was to you,keep posting as my trading is on par with yours all the best.

    ReplyDelete