Monday 2 March 2009

“Chuffed” is The Word

I'm very pleased with today’s performance although the bulk of it came from some lucky trading in my last race, the 16:50 Wolverhampton.

I’d managed to lay Imprimis Tagula at 3.3 for £41.70 which was the current peak, ah well, such is life. It subsequently dropped to about 2.92 and, on the turn, I lay it again at 2.98 for £47.80 where it proceeded to rise and I matched £85.13 at 3.35. Somewhere on the way I also matched £1.63 at 3.15 which, in all, gave me my biggest net profit on any single race to date of £5.70.


Despite a minor setback with the 16:10 Lingfield and a couple of interruptions during the afternoon, I’ve had my best day so far by achieving a net profit on the day of £8.51.

Overall my bank increased by 3.83%, a very pleasing result after my recent poor run of form and indiscipline. I’m now looking forward to tomorrow so I’ll probably destroy all the good work I’ve done today.

Cheers

4 comments:

  1. Hi Andy

    Out of interest why dont you use more of your bank total to trade?
    Cheers
    Redbrix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay positive Andy...nice days work (or fun).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Redbrix

    I have a slow, methodical approach to trading, ok then I'm probably too cautious!

    I usually use 25% of my bank as a maximum liability level because if it goes badly wrong I still have something to play with and I am learning at the moment.

    As my ability improves I plan to use more of the bank but not for a while yet. I'm on Peter Webb's course on 16th March and may look at increasing it, following a few days trial, after then.

    Cheers






    LRB - Thanks, days like that make it fun ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy

    Peter will teach you a consistent,low risk way to stake using a set amount per tick for trading. On bet angel you can set this as low as you want - 5p per tick if you want, its how I started.
    Enjoy the course, its like someone turning the lights on! - and its worth every penny.
    Redbrix

    ReplyDelete