Sunday 1 March 2009

I Don’t Help Myself

I thought I was in for a right day of it after the first race. I had 4 consecutive trades go against me, so quick I was almost unable to react in time and close out. Is it Sunday trading? Can Sunday trading be that different to the rest of the week? I really don’t know.

My parents cancelled the planned visit for today so I took the chance to look at some training videos this morning for both Bet Angel and Bet Trader. I thought I’d picked up some new snippets of information but after the first race I wasn’t so sure.

Anyway, being £7.28 down after the first race didn’t deter me and produced that psychological target again. With a couple of good trades and plenty of steady trades I managed to pull back £7.81 from the remaining 15 traded races. This produced a net profit of £0.53 for the day.


At the moment I really feel the necessity for, at the very least, a 1% bank growth per trading day, with the last 3 days being 0.69%, 0.14% and 0.24% respectively I am a long way off. Still in 2 weeks time I will be setting off for Peter Webbs course and hopefully it will make a significant difference.

Cheers All

2 comments:

  1. Hi andy,to put it mildly i am well pissed off, cant seem to get rid of the gambler inside me and start to try and be a trader,instead of taking a loss i let the trades go in running and 9 out of 10 times end up killing my bank trying to run before i can walk, any advice would be appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Playslip

    Not sure I'm the best one to ask after some indiscretions recently but...

    In the long run getting out of a trade at a loss will be far more beneficial than taking a trade in-play. You will learn far more useful tactics from this than the potential disaster that can befall an in-play loss.

    You, basically, have to learn to "throw" money away though better to throw £1 than £5 etc.

    Take a look at some of the vidoes on this page...

    http://www.racingtraders.com/Betfair_Trading/Trading_Videos/index.html

    bear in mind that these guys are professionals and possibly took several videos to demonstrate what they actually wanted to show. I refer to them quite often to focus my own mind.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete