Tuesday 10 March 2009

Nothing Doing Today

Well, I got all fired up to trade this “Cheltenham” that everybody is talking about, even from early this morning. I work in newspaper distribution and my particular run (11 customers) normally takes 6 copies of the Racing Post. Today the total was 20 copies, a 300%+ increase. I expect more tomorrow and Thursday.

Anyway, I spent the 'supposed' first hours trading, on the phone to my business partner so I couldn’t trade then. I’m actually leaving the business next week and as I settled down to trade from about 3pm my new employer rang and that took the next 45 minutes. Then my insurance broker rang, you may remember from an earlier post, the car insurance is due next week and this took another 20 minutes or so.

When I finally settled down at about 16:20 I decided to forget it for today and, as I’d been doing throughout the phone calls, just continued to watch the markets, interesting stuff ha! Anyway, the pic is just to show I didn’t win or lose a shedload.

I’ve just read Peter Webb’s blog and it looks like he’s got off to a great start, £175 green on the first race, maybe some of his ability will rub off on me next week. I have booked into the hotel for the night before Peters course on Monday 16th, if any readers are doing the same then let me know and we’ll have a beer!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment