Thursday 19 March 2009

A New Day

Following my attendance at Peter’s seminar on Monday I have spent a couple of days reading the literature provided and watching the markets but not actually trading. In my mind I have been applying the strategies learnt and watching for the “what if” scenario had I physically traded.

It was pleasing to see, on paper, that the key methods and strategies seem to bear out as I’ve been taught this week and that the markets react, in general, as Peter and his team described (although, I am sure that it will not always be the case). You cannot test it on paper but managing the exit strategy is as important as, if not more than, profitability so this would be the real test.

So today, a first attempt at trading under my new “rules and regulations” and I have to say that I am very pleased with how it went. I was very tentative but there was a major difference in my mental attitude and confidence towards making the trades. I had less regard for worrying about a trade going against me as I was mentally prepared for the exit in such a case.

I did make an error today that cost me about £3.00. I was preparing to exit at a 1 tick profit when I decided to close the Betfair graphs I use. I have these set slightly off to the right of my screen and when I close them I usually right click the graph title bar and select “close”. On this occasion I just clicked the X in the corner of the screen which happened to be Bet Angel! By the time I had re-opened and exited I had lost 2-3 ticks and lost £2.16 on the trade.

The day could have been better and ended £3.19 up, despite my mistake, with minimal trading and my bank increased by 1.33%.

I could have put more trades through, but it is early days so I will just see how the first week or two go. Hopefully my confidence will grow and I will be comfortable taking bigger risks and, therefore, bigger rewards.

Cheers


3 comments:

  1. Nice work Andy, glad you enjoyed Peters course. its like someone turning the lights on isnt it?!
    If I can maintain steady progres for the next 4 months I would certainly consider going back on his course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy

    I hoping to book onto a seminar soon. Bearing in mind I seem to have the memory of a fish at times, did you get any materials to take away to study? I'm worried that I would be unable to take in everything in just one day.
    I'm debating if I should wait until the course before I start up trading, rather than using poor methods as a beginner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Redbrix

    Thanks, still a long way to go though and will probably need a refresher!

    Cheers





    Hi Peter

    There is plenty to read provided by the team. A concise book detailing the presentation and methods etc and a book of most of the slides used during the presentation.

    I will say it is probably necessary to take notes as well, especially the "eureka" moments during the presentation, you will know what I mean when you go.

    As far as attending the course I would go as soon as you can but I would suggest that some trading experience, good and bad, would be helpful as well. Then you will be able to identify with specifics.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete