Friday 27 February 2009

Check Your Settings!

An ok day but I guess the day could have been much better (or worse!) as you will notice a big gap of 2 hours in my trading. I had to take a telephone call, despite the fact I told the person to make it early evening. Unfortunately it was extremely important and I had no choice but to take the call, it just went on longer than expected.

Whilst I consider myself to be a completely amateur trader and, therefore, unable to offer any real advice at the moment, I’ll say this “CHECK YOUR SETTINGS”

After yesterdays “recovery” I had to go through the same process today because I did not check my settings in Bet Angel Pro, following some changes made yesterday. I didn’t matter for the first 2 races but it manifested itself in the 3rd race and cost me.

I won’t go into it as I’m more embarrassed about it than anything else but fortunately I noticed them and subsequently changed the offending settings. I then went on to have some excellent trades, pulling back the deficit to a profitable day of £1.53

By the way, I now take a screenshot of my settings and it is now another checklist item before I start trading tomorrow.

Cheers


2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Really well written blog - would you like to exchange links with my blog http://www.bettingblog.org.uk?
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex

    I've not read it in depth but what I did read I found very interesting. I've added your blog to my list.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete