Thursday 12 February 2009

A Dangerous Game

I may take the day off trading tomorrow, not sure yet. I’m rather perturbed that I broke my own rules yet again. This time it could have been extremely costly and I think I’ve ridden my luck enough for this week.

I took a lay trade in-play again (it wasn’t a particularly poor loss either) and I guess the horse got an excellent start as the odds dropped by about 25%. Carrying a total liability of £97, at one point my market position was -£10.19, I was about to take a -£3.46 “red up” when it drifted and I greened up for £0.55 profit.

However, today’s trading has produced another profitable day, 5 races for a £2.84 profit, giving me an hourly rate of £1.13, it could have been substantially worse, I still have so much to learn.

So for today…

Per Race Profit % = 2.14 (+0.64 to target)
Today’s Profit % = 10.68 (+0.68 to target)
Profit v Bank = +1.00%
New Trading Level of £26.70

Who knows what tomorrow brings, maybe I will trade after all.

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately it is virtually impossible to avoid the ups and downs of the trading/punting game. Myself I aspire to avoid the wild fluctuations of my bank and it appears at times we all walk on the edge of the cliff.

    Keep your method businesslike and grow your bank slow and steady...that's the name of the game.

    ReplyDelete