Monday 9 February 2009

I'm Too Cautious

A slow start today but when I looked at the final profit I was pleasantly surprised. The hourly rate wasn’t up to Saturday’s heady heights at about £1.20 but the profit for the day was the same.

Again, I found some of the markets difficult to read, particularly in the middle of today’s card, but my slow and steady approach is chipping away ok. I also think I am far too cautious on occasions and missed several good opportunities because of this and know I should have done better.

For today I traded 7 races at £26.00 per trade with a £4.19 profit which gives :


Per Race Profit % = 2.30 (+0.80 to target)
Today’s Profit % = 16.12 (+6.12 to target)
Profit v Bank = +1.61%
New Trading Level of £26.20


I was reading John’s blog earlier and he says he didn’t perform too well last week with a profit of just over £1,000 for the week. I’m hoping that one day I can perform that poorly ;-)

Cheers

2 comments:

  1. Greetings Trader Gray,

    Just came across your blog...very interesting read. I like the diciplined approach you take with small wins building the bank slow and steady. That's what I am attempting with my new blog (backing only).

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard "The Limited Risk Bettor" and thanks. It does seem a bit like the death of a thousand cuts sometimes but I need to learn the "ins & outs" before I jump in too big and get caught out.

    Cheers and good luck yourself.

    ReplyDelete