Saturday 21 February 2009

Friday 20th, Late Posting

My sincere apologies for not updating the blog on Friday. Unfortunately I had to dash off to Exeter at 16:00 and didn’t get back until about 19:30. I then had my tea and got off to bed as I’m now back in work at midnight!

Well, I’m not sure I really know what happened today, it really seemed that everything I did went against me which was epitomised in my last trade of the day. I don’t believe that I did anything different to normal and I expect most of this is due to my inexperience.

Anyway, today’s trading resulted in another losing day, to the tune of £17.38, coming from trade after trade that went against me. In one case I was chasing the odds, to exit my position, over the full length of the ladder I use (18 rows) and when I finally caught up with the odds I was over £5 down!

On to my last trade of the day which came after looking at the Bet Angel "one click" screen with the “reverse book” open. I didn’t do anything in this mode but went onto the ladder screen to look at the last race (for me). I’d forgotten to change the “reverse book” option and placed what I thought was an opening lay position. It was in fact a back position and, fortunately for me, my prediction of the odds movement was true to today’s form, the odds promptly fell, and I greened out at £2.09 profit. It was after that I thought I’d have to call it a day!


I will spend a little time this weekend trying to find what I have done so differently this week to previous weeks, though I expect it is likely to be my experience level. Roll on Peter Webbs course, just over 3 weeks to go!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment