Tuesday 10 February 2009

Watching Paint Dry

Well, for me, today was a bit like watching paint dry. For some reason I found only a few opportunities, struggling to get a position matched and even when I did I struggled to get 1 or 2 tick movements in my favour. However, I did not lose a single trade and ended up with a profit of £1.86, a massive £0.62 per hour.

Like yesterday I was too cautious but I traded 5 races altogether, winning just 1 tick on each of the first 3. For the 4th race I eventually settled for equal back and lay matches. For the last race I changed my tactics and this resulted in a 3 tick gain which equated to £0.85 of the £1.86 profit and I will pursue this strategy a bit closer tomorrow.

So for today…

Per Race Profit % = 1.42 (-0.08 to target)
Today’s Profit % = 7.10 (-2.90 to target)
Profit v Bank = +0.67%
New Trading Level of £26.30


I’m going to achieve one of the targets listed in my introductory post and will be attending Peter Webb’s training course on 16th March 2009. I am sure this will give me the knowledge to take my trading, and therefore profits, to much greater heights.

Cheers

3 comments:

  1. Hi andy,keep plugging away mate profit is profit,how much did the peter webb training course cost and where is it held cheers playslip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi good luck on the training course, something i wish could attend, having been reading your blog it seems you know how to trade already, you are showing profits daily and seem in control

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Payslip, the courses cost £399 and are usually held at Hook, nr Basingstoke.

    Hi Ron, Thanks, I am looking forward to it and I am sure it will be extremely beneficial.

    ReplyDelete