Wednesday 11 February 2009

A Good Day?

As far as profit goes yes, but I am not entirely happy with my trading performance today as I once again broke my own rules and let a position run a little too long (backed at 4.6, then layed, finally, at 5.6). Fortunately the reverse happened with the very next trade, a steamer, backed at 4.2 and layed at 3.15. So I guess you win some, you lose some and anyway I earned £2.48 per hour this afternoon, my best yet.

I was still a little too cautious today but I’ve decided that I may as well carry on as I am for now as the bank continues to grow. I’ll probably take a different view after Peter Webb’s training course in mid March.

For today I traded 5 races with a £6.20 profit so :

Per Race Profit % = 4.71 (+3.21 to target)
Today’s Profit % = 23.57 (+13.57 to target)
Day on Day Bank Variance = +2.23%
New Trading Level of £26.60

Finally an apology is in order as I’ve noticed I posted an incorrect figure on the Saturday 7th February post. The profit v bank figure should have read +1.57% and not +3.53% as posted. The +3.53% was for the week, not the day, I’d just read the wrong figure from my spreadsheet.

Anyway, enough ramblings…

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment